- How to leverage LinkedIn groups for generating business leads?
- How to Leverage LinkedIn groups with Linkedojet?
- Final verdict on How to Leverage LinkedIn Groups
Are you still wondering if LinkedIn groups are worth your time? Can they generate quality leads for your business?
Let me answer your ‘why’ with this scene!
Imagine yourself at a professional networking event. Everyone at the event is wearing color-coded name tags or t-shirts.
In one corner, you find all the salespeople sharing the best practices, while in other, all the marketing CEOs hold talks, discussing the latest marketing trends of the year.
Now, if you look closely enough, this happens on LinkedIn every day, particularly in the LinkedIn groups.
They are the epitome of professional groups, all of which are based around a particular industry/niche. Like-minded professionals flock together on these LinkedIn groups all day long.
So, that answers your ‘why’, but partly! To make them worth your time and generate leads, you must know how to leverage LinkedIn groups the right way!
And that’s what we’ll guide you through in this post.
So, let’s jump right in!
How to leverage LinkedIn groups for generating business leads?
1. Join the right LinkedIn groups
Totally the first step to do!
To generate leads from LinkedIn groups, you must find and join the right ones, which are full of your potential customers.
But how to search for the right LinkedIn groups?
Note the game plan!
- Decide your ideal client or target audience, to whom you want to market and sell your product/service.
- Find groups that cater to that community. For example, if you are a content marketer, you’ll of course join the groups related to content marketing, but also others such as copywriting and digital marketing.
- Joining LinkedIn groups is relatively easy. First, go to your LinkedIn dashboard, and search the ‘Work’ button. Click on it and you’ll see a drop-down menu. Click on ‘Groups’ and you’ll be directed to the Groups page.
- By default, LinkedIn filters groups by your industry and recommend you to join them.
- You can also search the LinkedIn groups by using the Advanced Search feature. Here’s how!
- Go to the Chrome browser and type in “Advanced LinkedIn Search”.
- You’ll see the right suggestion pop up. Click on it and you’ll be directed to the Advanced search page of LinkedIn.
- On the search bar, click on ‘Groups’.
- Type in the industry or keyword you are interested in, and you’ll see a list of suggestions that pop up.
- Decide the group you are interested in and click on it.
- Read the group’s description carefully to see if it fits your business, your goals, is active, and if the people in it are posting valuable content.
- If the group is a right fit for you, click on ‘Ask to join’.
After joining, the next step is how to use LinkedIn groups!
2. Connect and communicate with potential customers
When you are in a LinkedIn group, you become a second-degree connection with everyone in the group which makes it easier to connect with your potential customer.
After creating a connection, you can start communicating with them directly through LinkedIn messaging. Share ideas, growth strategy, and teach them about your product and services.
Now, there are two ways to LinkedIn groups marketing.
Number one, you can manually visit the profile of each group member and start writing a personal connect message one-by-one.
But you know one thing- you’ve spent an hour doing this task and still have a long way to go.
For instance, I’m a member of the LinkedIn group ‘B2B Social Media for Lead Generation’ which has 7000 members.
Now, if I wish to connect with all these 7000 members with separate connection requests, it would overwhelm and be time-consuming.
Well, luckily, there’s a much better way to do that!
It’s using LinkedIn automation. Did you guess that right?
But why should you strongly consider LinkedIn automation for LinkedIn lead generation strategy?
Foremost, it saves you time in writing the same cold outreach messages; on an average 20 man-hours.
And with Linkedojet, LinkedIn automation doesn’t have to be hard.
With Linkedojet, you can set up your LinkedIn outreach campaign in less than 10 minutes, view the results of your campaign from a single dashboard, and even run multiple accounts from one place.
3. Create relationships and gain trust
LinkedIn groups are a great way to promote your business and build your network. You can establish yourself as an expert and a thought leader by using the groups effectively.
Now, what I mean by using the groups ‘effectively’?
Well, here’s what I mean!
- Create a piece of content that is super valuable to the group.
- Don’t appear pushy by just sharing ads of your business.
- Post relevant comments to the discussions taking place in the group.
- Answer the questions by the group members.
That means you need the best topic to create content on. For content ideas, ask yourself these questions:
- What type of people does this group has?
- What are the end goals of this group of people?
- What motivates this group’s members?
- What topics do people of this group are most likely to be interested in?
4. Create a lead magnet or content upgrade
Take your content one step further by including a lead magnet, also known as content upgrade.
Content upgrade is a piece of information relevant to a particular post in such a way that it maximizes the chance of a reader actually converting into a subscriber after reading or watching your content.
For example, you wrote a content piece on using the right social media analytics to monitor and improve your social media presence. You can offer a downloadable PDF version of it as a content upgrade.
However, there are certain do’s and don’ts of LinkedIn groups marketing to bear in your mind.
Do’s and Don’ts on how to leverage LinkedIn groups
How to Leverage LinkedIn groups with Linkedojet?
As said, Linkedojet saves your time in connecting to your potential customers in LinkedIn groups by automating the process of sending connection requests and messages.
However, that’s not the end to the perks of Linkedojet!
Being a cloud-based tool, the automation activity from Linkedojet clones a human activity on LinkedIn, thus making it safe to use.
Plus, you can run a drip campaign for your LinkedIn outreach and marketing, saving time and efforts with Linkedojet.
Final verdict on How to Leverage LinkedIn Groups
If you are using LinkedIn for your lead generation, you can’t afford to miss out on LinkedIn groups. They are the goldmine for quality lead generation.
All the more, you can automate LinkedIn outreach to the group members with Linkedojet LinkedIn automation tool and save your time, while enjoying the benefits of quality leads.
It’s just that you need to find and join the right groups in your niche and follow the above steps on how to use LinkedIn groups.
Did I miss out on any steps on how to leverage LinkedIn groups for lead generation?
Share in the comments below! Also, sign up for the FREE demo of our LinkedIn automation tool here!